Do you, like me, have a strong urge to sharply kick the shin of any woman who says she’s just a mum?
In fact we all of us know full well that anyone who’s ever juggled the spinning plates and poles of household and family, is almost certainly a darn sight better qualified than most politicians to put a stop to all this double-dip recession talk.
At the same time she’d be sorting the National Debt; equalizing house prices clearing up the ash cloud and bringing matrons back en masse to the NHS. And, if after all that, there was a slight disinclination towards a hot oven, she’d have set up a take-away.
Look at a job spec for a just at homer:
- Excellent time management.
- Natural networking abilities.
- Experienced oil-on-troubled-waters-pourer.
- Knowledge of first aid but sense enough to know when to head for A&E.
- Forward planning, long and short term.
- Results/goal orientated.
- Toilet/waste disposal blockage clearance expertise.
- Negotiation strengths.
- Catering skills from basic to Nigella.
- Safe and steady driving whilst discussing the facts of life and wrapping birthday present for a party.
- Making a budget stretch in unexpected directions.
- And last but not least, ability to maintain a saintly demeanour when someone says “bit snappy are we? Time of the month?”
I consider my case rested![tweetmeme source=”Marilyn_messik” only_single=false]